Thursday, July 19, 2012

San Diego

The last time I attempted to update my blog I was sitting in my office in Corona. Now as I type this I am looking out the window at the beautiful San Diego sky! From the street in front of our subdivision you can see the ocean! I am so excited about living here. San Diego has always been near and dear to me. I loved living here years ago but knew I needed to go back for something. That something led me to Scott! Now here I sit 15 years later, back in San Diego, with Scott and the kids, and loving every second of it.

We are still adjusting. Unfortunately there are not many girls Mady's age that live in our neighborhood. Soccer has begun though and the majority of girls on her team go to her new school. In the meantime, we have made time to get her to see her old friends and even had one come stay with us for two days.

Brandon is working and just registered for his first classes in college. He will be taking English, Trigonometry, Nutrition, and History. It's a full load but he is looking forward to jumping in head first. The college is not far from our house. One campus is only 15 minutes away and the other is only 10.

Scott is busy as ever at work and so excited that we are finally down here with him. It was a long six months living apart. He hated leaving us each week and really did not like any part of living away. The evenings were especially hard because that is the time we always have dinner together and share stories from our day. Now we don't have to worry about that anymore.

I am looking forward to being in the classroom again soon. I went to a substitute meeting yesterday. I'm hoping to be fully credentialed by the first of the year. I won't be able to take a full-time job until then. In the meantime, I do enjoy being a sub teacher. It allows me to work with a variety of students from varying ages. 

Until next time...

No comments: